NEXT THEME DAY TOPICS Coming Soon!

March - Municipal Building
April - School –
May - Shopping –

More future Theme day topics and a complete list of previous theme days may be found HERE.

Please read this guide before particpating for the first time

Please remember in the "Caption or title" box, to fill thus:~NAME - CITY - COUNTRY ~ and NOT your post title!.

Sunday 24 February 2013

MARCH GALLERY - Cafe Chairs

Chairs waiting patiently inside, Ganache Patisserie Francaise, Castlecrag, Sydney

The theme for March is 'cafe chairs' and was dreamt up one evening whilst viewing Virginia's "Paris Through My Lens". VJ has so many cafe chair examples to inspire us.

From village, to town, to city, the humble cafe chair has come into its own with the burgeoning coffee culture. Let's see how YOUR turf matches up with Paris, the Mumma of cafe-chair-culture!

The Linky will open at 8:00PM on Thursday 28th February, and close at 8:00PM on Tuesday 5th March. All times are GMT+11.

Please VOTE FOR MAY after you enter your March post


12 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Parked chairs---great/

I have no picture to post. All the cafe chairs have been put away and we have had nothing but rain since November--so I will watch everyone else. MB

Julie said...

Pull up a chair and enjoy the passing parade, Mary Beth.

Chrissy Brand said...

An amazing range of photos up already- great theme.

Julie said...

Thank you, Chrissy. I agree that the variety is quite astounding.

Julie said...

I do, however, find it astounding that there are 45 entries for March, but only 22 votes for May. I did not think the choice for May was quite that underwhelming.

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

This March theme is such a great idea... and something found in every city.

Dina said...

This is a fun one.

I wonder how it would look different if we turned the tables, doing the same theme during Northern summer and Southern winter. :)

Julie said...

Yes,the seasons have such an impact on whether themes are open to us, Dina. I will see if I can come up with a variation for June/July which does not seem too close to the current theme. Thanks for the input.

Merisi said...

"The Linky will open at 8:00PM on Thursday 28th February, and close at 8:00PM on Tuesday 5th March. All times are GMT+11."

I literally went out of my way to capture some Viennese cafe' chairs in order to take part in this month's theme, alas, somehow I managed to arrive too late, apparently.

Still, it was fun to look at all the other participants' pictures!

Merisi said...

P.S.: I see, somewhere in the world, it's already the 6th of March! ;-)

Julie said...

Merisi, this is why I tag GMT+11 to all the dates and times that I post to the portal. I am in Australia and we are - until the end of Summer Time - 11 hours ahead of London, and 10 hours ahead of Vienna.

I have been leaving the Theme Linky open longer and longer. This is the first time I have left it open for 5 days.

Hopefully, you will consider contributing to our next Theme Day.

Merisi said...

Thank you, Julie!
I am not a great meme blogger anyway, and it was sheer coincidence that for once I felt like trying.

City Daily Photo - Taking you around the world every day.